Wednesday 21 October 2015

Via Dolorosa - Stations Of The Cross - 11 & 12
by
Svitozar Nenyuk



Via Dolorosa - Jesus Is Nailed To The Cross - 11


Via Dolorosa. Stations of the Cross. Station 11. Jesus is Nailed to the Cross. Estaciones de la Cruz.

This Station represents the place where Jesus Christ is stretched on the Cross, and nailed to it. How insufferable the torture - the nerves and sinews are rent by the nails.

This original painting is currently for Sale. At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original at the link below.





Via Dolorosa - Crucifixion - 12


Crucifixion. Via Crucis. The Way of the Cross.

O suffering Son of God! I now behold Thee in last convulsive pangs of death - Thy veins opened, Thy sinews torn, Thy hands and feet, O Fountain of Paradise! distilling blood. I acknowledge, charitable Jesus, that my reiterated offences have been Thy merciless executioners, the cause of Thy bitter sufferings and death. Yet, God of mercy, look on my sinful soul, bathe it in Thy precious blood! Let me die to vanity of the world, and renounce its false pleasures. Thou didst pray, my Jesus, for Thy enemies. I forgive mine. I embrace then in the bowels of Thy charity. I bury my resentment in Thy wounds. Shelter me in the day of wrath in the sanctuary of Thy side. Let me live, let me die, in my crucified Jesus. Amen.

This original painting is currently for Sale. At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original at the link above.




  Crucifixion of Jesus - Wikipedia  




No comments:

Post a Comment