Thursday 22 October 2015

Via Dolorosa - Stations Of The Cross - 1 & 2
by
Svitozar Nenyuk



Via Dolorosa - Stations Of The Cross - 1


Station 1. Jesus is condemned to death.

Stations of the Cross.

The Way of the Cross. Via Crucis. Via Dolorosa.

O MANGLED VICTIM OF MY SINS! O suffering Jesus! I have deserved those bloody scourges, that cruel sentence of death; and yet Thou didst die for me, that I should live for Thee. I am convinced that if I desire to please men, I cannot by Thy servant. Let me then displease the world and its vain admirers. I resign myself into Thy hands. Let love take possession of my heart; let my eyes behold with contempt everything that can alienate my affections from Thee; let my ears be ever attentive to Thy word; let me through this painful journey accompany Thee, sighing and demanding mercy. Mercy!

Jesus! Amen.

This original painting is currently for Sale. At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original at the link below.





Via Dolorosa - Jesus Takes Up His Cross - 2


Stations of the Cross - Jesus takes up His Cross.

Christ takes the Cross on his shoulder.

This second Station represents the place where your most amiable Redeemer is clad in His usual attire, after His inhuman executioners had stripped Him of the purple garment of derision with which He was clothed, when as a visionary king they crowned Him with plaited thorns. The heavy burthen of the Cross is violently placed on His mangled shoulders.

Via Dolorosa. Via Crucis. Estaciones De La Cruz. Kriziaus Kelias.

This original painting is currently for Sale. At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original at the link above.



  Via Dolorosa - Wikipedia  
  Flagellation of Christ - Wikipedia  




If you are here via the Featured Artist's Links please click Older Posts fourteen times to see Svitozar's other work in this Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment